CIEREI is a collaborative, bilingual, multi-disciplinary institute for the creation of research evidence with the primary aim of positively impacting learning and wellbeing for children through schools.
CIEREI is a formal strategic collaboration between GwE (the Regional School Effectiveness and Improvement Service for North Wales), Bangor University (led by the School of Education and the School of Psychology), and other bodies and institutions with an invested interest in improving educational outcomes and the wellbeing of children.
Aims of CIEREI
The strategic aims of CIEREI are based on the vision described by Professor Donaldson (Welsh Government, 2015), and Professor Furlong (Furlong, 2015) on building a research informed education economy in Wales. (These papers and others can be found in our Background Reading page.)
- Build a vibrant research community that will inform current educational practice, initial teacher education programmes, and the ongoing professional development of teachers
- Work collaboratively and strategically with existing groups and centres that undertake educational research
- Develop and strengthen teachers’ and school leaders’ skills and knowledge in evidence-based educational practice
- Create an educational environment that supports the innovation and evaluation of educational practice
- To support the Welsh Governments ‘Qualified for Life initiative’ and contribute to the existing ‘what works’ guidelines